So you are thinking of growing your own hydroponic lettuce? You should because it is delicious and you can make money too! Lettuce is probably the easiest vegetable to grow hydroponically too!
Below are some reasons why you should grow hydroponic lettuce.
1. As you are not growing your lettuce in the soil, you are not going to have that soil taste that is just so hard to wash out. I am sure you know what I’m talking about!
2. You will not be passing on any soil borne diseases to your lettuce which is a real problem for many gardeners. hydroponics wholesaler
3. You will have no need to eliminate any soil loving pests so you won’t need to invest in any expensive pesticides. As a result your lettuce will remain organic. We all know how slugs always seem to head straight for the lettuce don’t we!
4. Once the initial costs and set up have been taken care of, running costs will be around 20% lower with hydroponic lettuce.
5. Maintenance time is greatly reduced! You don’t need to water hydroponic lettuce as all the nutrients are already there and weeding does not exist with hydroponic gardening. All you really need to do is pick your lettuce once it’s ready.
6. If you space out planting your initial seeds by 1 week for 4 weeks, you will have permanent lettuce yields. The growth phase for lettuce is 4 weeks.
7. You can grow the lettuce anywhere; rooftop, window ledge, conservatory, corridor, greenhouse, garage or bedroom.
8. Hydroponic lettuce tends to grow an average of 40% larger than their soil born brothers. This is due to the fact that you have manipulated the growing environment to be optimal for lettuce. They will also have access to all the nutrients they need.
9. Hydroponic lettuce also grows faster than other lettuce! This is mainly due to the roots not have to spread out in search of nutrients in the soil. This is another great benefit which means money in the bank.